I hope this finds you, your loved ones, and colleagues doing well amid the COVID-19 pandemic which is impacting everyone's way of life and challenging ourselves and our relationships. Until further notice, office appointments will be held through Doxy.me which is telemedicine for the protection of all my clients, their loved ones, for our greater community, and those who are most vulnerable to COVID-19. Additionally, I am accepting new clients for telemental health appointments during these unprecedented times.
Telemental Health has changed the world by making it easier for healthcare professionals to care for their patients anywhere, including rural and underserved areas. Furthermore, the convenience, safety, and comfort for clients who do not have the time in their schedules to travel for an office appointment is increasingly becoming our new reality. Research shows telemental health can be as effective as an in office appointment with an experienced and highly skilled therapist. I have been a Board Certified Telemental Health Provider for over 6 years, and have over 30 years experience and have facilitated the life changing benefits for individuals and relationships firsthand.
Below is a brief explanation of Doxy.me and how to use it for your telemedicine appointment in place of an office appointment especially during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Doxy.me is designed for healthcare and meets HIPPA and HITECH regulations for a confidential and secure format.
By incorporating standard patient check-in and waiting room into the design of Doxy.me, healthcare professionals and their patients experience a familiar and natural visit.
Doxy.me is simple. All that is needed to start a telemedicine visit is the web link https://doxy.me/brendasaturday a standard computer or Doxy.me app on a mobile device. No special hardware or software is necessary.
Doxy.me is free to patients, which further supports my mission to make telemedicine available to all.
Doxy.me is secure. Secure data transmission and patient privacy is a top priority and utilizes state-of-the-art security and encryption protocols, making Doxy.me compliant with HIPAA and HITECH requirements.
A strong healthcare professional-patient relationship is the foundation for high-quality patient care. Doxy.me provides a simple and convenient way for healthcare professionals to meet with their patients remotely, improving the health care experience.
5 suggestions to have a great call:
Choppy video can be frustrating during a video call. Fortunately, here are 5 tips that can improve call quality:
- Restart your computer before a call. Other software might be using computer power or interfere with your video or microphone. Restarting your computer will assure your computer is ready for video.
- Use fast internet with ethernet cable. Video quality adapts to internet speed, so the faster your internet connection, the better the video quality you will experience.
- Use a newer computer with plenty of speed. Sending and receiving video takes a lot of computer power. Old or slow computers will have a harder time processing the video, which can cause choppiness.
- Use low resolution. If you are experience poor quality, try lowering the resolution. By doing this it requires less bandwidth and computer power, resulting in less choppiness during your telemedicine call.
- Use headphones. Typically your computer will automatically eliminate echo or audio feedback so you don't hear yourself talking. But if it happens, use headphones.
- Check into waiting room. Please check into my waiting room: https://doxy.me/brendasaturday I will soon greet you for your appointment.
- Appointment: Should you have a need, I look forward to speaking with you and meeting you for your intinitial appointment via doxy.me.
This is an unprecedented time and circumstance for us all. I wish everyone the best to you and your family as we all adjust to this new way of living. Remember to practice grace and compassion for yourself, your loved ones, and those in our community.
If you need me, I am here. Please do not hesitate to reach out.
Brenda Saturday, MA, LMFT, BC-TMH
Psychotherapy - Consultation - Relationships
TeleMental Health Services are available for new and established clients.
Brenda Saturday is a Board Certified - Telemental Health Provider
For more information, please call: 770-330-2698